Traditional Bible favorites and faith stories from children show kids that God’s love reaches all the way around the globe!
God's Love for You Bible Storybook teaches favorite Bible stories followed by real stories of people sharing God’s love. Kids will see how they can learn from and help people all over the world. This book will help raise up a generation of generous, global Christians who are active in their communities and their world.
This Bible storybook is beautifully illustrated by Martina Peluso in bright, whimsical displays. Carolyn Larsen, author of The Little Girl’s Bible Storybook, assisted writing the Bible stories. World Vision® CEO Richard Stearns and his wife, Reneé, present stories about children they’ve met through World Vision, what life is like in their corner of the world, and how God is working through their lives. Also features fun facts about each child’s home country.
Proceeds of this book will be donated to World Vision.
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.7 Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words;
- R.CCR.9 Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally
|Contributor(s)||Richard Stearns, Reneé Stearns|
|About the Contributor(s)||Richard Stearns
Richard Stearns has served as president of World Vision U.S. since 1998, having formerly been the CEO of Parker Bros. Games and Lenox, Inc. He and his wife, Reneé, have five children of their own and millions more around the world.
Reneé Stearns is a former attorney, mother of five, and grandmother of one. She is active in church ministries, leading Bible studies, and speaking at conferences and retreats. Reneé is passionate about helping others broaden their worldview to include the great needs she sees in her travels with World Vision.
|Release Date||Oct 15, 2013|
|Who It's For||Boy 2-5, Boy 5-7, Boy 7-10, Girl 2-5, Girl 5-7, Girl 7-10|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)