Reviews (1) Write a Review
Wonderful book for children! February 24, 2014
I'm excited to share with you a review about the book, God and me, a 365 day devotional for children. The simplicity of this book is fabulous! The twins and I have been using it for our morning devotional time before they head off to school. Our mornings are usually pretty busy so that should tell you this is a great, quick way to plant the children in the word of God before heading out the door.
God and me uses simple little stories to focus on different traits, like love and sharing. Then gives scripture for children to look up, or Mommy to look up, and read. I have readers now so this is part of their job to look up the scripture and read it to me, then reflect on how it stands against the topic we covered in the devotional.
The pictures are bright and of real children. I love the big, easy to read words for children. This is a high quality, well written devotional for children. I feel its appropriate for children as young as 3 up to reading children. Go out and pick up this book! You won't regret it!
Review by Michelle
Featuring colorful photographs and short devotions with Scripture and prayers, this book will appeal to parents looking to introduce a relationship with God to little ones.
God and Me aims to help children find out all about God: what He is like, how He cares for them, and how He wants them to live in His world. Familiar situations and everyday experiences encourage children to think about Christian values, a simple way of introducing a lifelong relationship with God.
Bite-sized devotions will keep the attention of younger children. Four-color photographs will help engage children with the message in the devotional. Each day includes a topical Scripture and a prayer to help children develop their relationship with God.
Features & Benefits:
- Children love bright colors and photographs of little ones just like them
- Short devotions, Scripture, and prayers help introduce a relationship with God to young hearts
- Make Believe Ideas has sold over 100,000 copies of the first edition in the US
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.7 Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally;
- SL.CCR.3 Evaluate a speaker's point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric
|Who it's for||
|Publication Date||December 23, 2013|