Soldier Stories chronicles the multi-dimensional drama of people who endured the shock and awe of war―and whose spirits triumphed over it.
- A priest in the infamous Bataan Death March who kept others alive with his faithful recitation of the Lord's Prayer
- The journey to faith by a skeptical B-17 copilot lost at sea
- A young American widow caught in the "Dresden Inferno" who survived the firestorm with her three children
- The lesson of post-war forgiveness learned by a British soldier tortured by the Japanese
- A rowdy, Arizona cowboy who achieved World War I flying ace status in a matter of weeks
- And many more
Soldier Stories' true, soul-stirring accounts of those who have risen to the challenge of unimaginable circumstances will inspire you no matter what obstacles you may face.
|Contributor(s)||Joe L. Wheeler|
|About the Contributor(s)||Joe Wheeler, Ph.D., is considered to be one of America's leading anthologizers of stories, and has written or edited fifty-six books, including the Great Stories Remembered series, the Heart to Heart series, and the best selling Christmas in My Heart series. He is Emeritus Professor of English at Columbia Union College in Takoma Park, Maryland; cofounder and Executive Director of the Zane Grey's West Society; and General Editor at Focus on the Family. Dr. Wheeler and his wife, Connie, currently reside in Conifer, Colorado.|
|Release Date||Dec 5, 2006|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)