With wit and candor, bestselling author J. Stephen Lang expertly guides you on a fascinating exploration of those things "seen through a mirror dimly." Digging deep into the rich history of Christian thinking and surveying important figures, biblical references, and popular culture, Lang compiles an easy-to-read, comprehensive list to satisfy curiosity and increase your knowledge on such subjects as:
- What does the Bible actually say about guardian angels?
- Why is hell described as "fire and brimstone"?
- What is Limbo?
- What does the Apostles' Creed mean when it says Jesus "descended into hell"?
- What (and where) is the "seventh heaven"?
- Who played the angel Michael in a 1996 film?
In 1,001 Things You Always Wanted to Know About Angels, Demons, and the Afterlife, romp through history and the Bible learning key scriptural passages and helpful information on such matters as the afterlife in pop culture, controversial beliefs, favorite hymns, and symbolism in Christian art. Whether used as a reference book or a treasury of trivia, this intriguing book will be a joyful companion to further study and inquiries.
|Publication Date||October 5, 2000|