Hurry!! Friday, December 13 is the last day to order to ensure delivery by 12/24
Civil War buffs, be warned: Webb Garrison’s Curiosities of the Civil War may catch you off guard.
Packed with obscurities and bizarre anecdotes, it spills over with specifics you’ve likely never heard. Debated, reenacted, and analyzed, the Civil War has been the subject of countless books, films, and scholarly research—many of them quite repetitious. This nuanced perspective on the war provides a glimpse beyond the bloody battles, casualties, and political conflict. You'll discover:
- The first sitting president to be exposed to enemy fire
- What badgers, pigeons, and bear cubs had in common during the war
- Which of Stonewall Jackson’s limbs received its own proper burial
- The turtle-shaped ship designed to douse its opponents with boiling water
- Which Confederate general was responsible for introducing camels to the Southwest
This cache of peculiar characters and stories will deepen your understanding of the war and the people who engaged in it.
|Publication Date||March 1, 2011|