No one wants to be labeled a whiner, but many of us go through life with a "poor me," victim mentality that sounds a whole lot like whining. God never intended for us to act like "little girls," says Jan Silvious. His goal is for each of us to live as "big girls"-mature Christian women-who are capable of enjoying the richness of life He has planned.
In Big Girls Don't Whine, Jan helps women:
- Move beyond the past and on to healthy relationships,
- Choose to be proactive rather than let life just "happen,"
- Discover their full potential,
- And become everything He made them to be.
So how can we tell if we're living life as an immature 'little girl" or a confident "big girl?"
A little girl…
- Is insecure
- Becomes the victim of circumstances
- Says "I can't"
A big girl…
- Is secure
- Rests in God's sovereignty
- Says, "I can"
In Big Girls Don't Whine, Jan Silvious calls us to be real women in a real world, free to experience a life of full of potential and vision. This book is the how-to manual for making it happen.
|Publication Date||December 31, 2003|