A definitive history of the Pentecostal and Charismatic movement and an intriguing reference for persons outside the movement, The Century of the Holy Spirit details the miraculous story of Pentecostal/Charismatic growth--in the U.S. and around the world. This book features five chapters by the premier Pentecostal historian, Vinson Synan, with additional contributions by leading Pentecostal/Charismatic authorities--David Barrett, David Daniels, David Edwin Harrell Jr., Peter Hocken, Sue Hyatt, Gary McGee, and Ted Olsen.
- Explains and analyzes the role of all major streams, including women, African-Americans, and Hispanics
- Thoroughly illustrated with photographs, charts, figures, maps, and vignettes
- 4-color fold-out timeline/genealogy tree
- 16 full-color pages, plus black-and-white photos throughout
- Includes bibliographies and indexes
|About the Contributor(s)|| Vinson Synan
Dr. Vinson Synan has been Dean of the School of Divinity at Regent University since 1994. Before that he served as a pastor and the General Secretary of the Pentecostal Holiness denomination. Dr. Synan has produced 15 works as the premier historian of the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement.
|Release Date||Jan 31, 2012|
|Who It's For||Men, Women|