Barbara Johnson's approach to life is positive, uplifting, therapeutic and fun. Barbara Johnson is far from being a cock-eyed optimist―blind to life's grief and disappointment. In fact, her entire ministry of joy and encouragement began in the "slimy cesspool" of her own pain. She is a clear-eyed optimist. And that's why her laughter is so infectious and her widom rings so true in this joy-giving book, which offers giggles and guidance to help you:
- shore up a sinking self-esteem
- reach the other side of your grief
- weather your stress and get rid of your guilt
- restore the joys of motherhood
- repair broken relationships with your children
- learn to live with your illness
- cultivate your patience―even when you just don't think you can wait
- sustain an effective prayer life
- make peace with aging―and go for healthy maturity
"Almost everyone needs a splash of joy to get through the mess, to get cleaned off and get sweetened up―refreshed and ready to go again," Barbara Johnson says.
|About the Contributor(s)||Barbara Johnson
Barbara Johnson was the founder of Spatula Ministries, a coauthor of various Women of Faith devotionals, and the author of numerous bestselling books, including Boomerang Joy, Living Somewhere between Estrogen and Death, and Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy.
|Release Date||Jun 24, 1996|