Author and blogger Lauren Casper shares the key to loving our neighbors well in today’s world marked by fear and division: embracing the power of empathy.
About the Book
How can we love our neighbors amid so much division and hurt?
Loving your neighbor as yourself would be easy if your neighbors were all people you understood, people you agreed with, people like you. But what about playground bullies, colleagues, refugees, online adversaries? They're all our neighbors, and Jesus said to love them. Every one. But how?
Lauren Casper believes the key is the lost art of empathy, stepping into other people’s shoes and asking what if?—what if it were my child? What if it were me? Casper helps us discover how to
- identify our blind spots and tune our hearts to the stories around us;
- seek and extend forgiveness with grace and humility; and
- engage in diverse and meaningful relationships.
Following these steps will enable us to connect in simple but life-altering ways, to respond to conflict with grace, bring about needed change, and shine God’s unconditional love into a dark world.
- ISBN: 9780718085551
- ISBN 10: 0718085558
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2020-02-18
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2020-02-18
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Family
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth