The story that touched the world. A beautiful little 4-year-old girl with cancer, and her daddy, the football player with the big heart.
About the Book
Be proud of your scars. They’re signs that you survived whatever tried to break you.
For Devon Still, life has been a journey from one scar to the next. From one challenge to the next. His is a story of pushing through pain and overcoming obstacles of all shapes and sizes—of choosing to fight for the sake of his family, his community, and his faith.
Millions of people around the world have been inspired by Devon’s tireless devotion in helping his daughter, Leah, learn how to “beat up cancer.” But in these pages Devon takes readers behind the headlines to reveal the deeper story of what prepared him for that fight, including
- growing up in the shadow of drugs and violence,
- working through the pain of his parents’ divorce,
- overcoming injuries and scandal to shine as an All-American at Penn State University,
- beating the odds to play in the National Football League, and
- using his newfound platform to raise both awareness and resources in the global fight against cancer.
Still in the Game is Devon’s declaration that our challenges reveal our purpose, that our scars make us stronger, and that no loss is too great to stop our comeback!
- ISBN: 9780785222453
- ISBN 10: 0785222456
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2019-12-03
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $17.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2019-12-03
- Trim Size: 139.000mm x 213.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 222.000gr
- Category 1 : BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Sports
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 3 : SPORTS & RECREATION / Football