In Quiet Prayer, Marie Chapian---a lifelong student of reflective prayer---examines the benefits of meaningful meditation, both ancient and modern.
About the Book
The world around us teems with chaos and noise. We can change this turmoil by first changing the turmoil within us. That’s what Quiet Prayer is all about.
In Quiet Prayer, bestselling author Marie Chapian introduces readers to the ancient Christian tradition of solitude and meditation—a way of being in the presence of God based on silence and stillness. She answers questions Christians may have, such as:
- Is it Christian to meditate?
- What is Quiet Prayer meditation?
- What are the benefits of Quiet Prayer?
Through learning about the history of Christian meditation and practicing with Marie’s step-by-step guided meditations in the book, you can lean deeper into the Lord’s call to “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
- ISBN: 9781400212750
- ISBN 10: 1400212758
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2019-11-05
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $15.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2019-11-05
- Trim Size: 138.000mm x 193.000mm x 21.000mm
- Weight: 267.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Prayer
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Pneumatology
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christianity / Pentecostal & Charismatic