ABOUT THE BOOK
A Refreshingly Simple Guide to Recover Your Life
We live in soul-scorching times. The mad pace of life, the number of demands on our time and energy, and the overwhelming torrent of information coming at us 24-7 have left us all ragged, wrung-out, and emptied. This isn’t the life we want, but how do we get off the roller coaster?
In Get Your Life Back, John Eldredge provides a practical, simple, and refreshing guide to taking your life back. By practicing a few wonderfully simple practices—or what John calls “graces”—you can begin to recover your soul, disentangle from the tragedies of this broken world, and discover the restorative power of beauty.
These graces include:
• learning to insert the One Minute Pause into your day;
• practicing “benevolent detachment” and truly letting it all go;
• offering kindness toward yourself in the choices you make;
• drinking in the simple beauty available to you every day; and
• taking simple steps to unplug from technology overload.
These simple practices and others are ready for the taking. You don’t need to abandon your life to get it back. Begin restoring your life here and now. Your soul will thank you for it.