ABOUT THE BOOK
What do you do when God's timing seems questionable, his lack of intervention hurtful, and his promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she’s also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
Lysa TerKeurst is president of Proverbs 31 Ministries and the New York Times bestselling author of Uninvited and The Best Yes. She writes from her sticky farm table and lives with her family in North Carolina. Connect with her at www.LysaTerKeurst.com.
"This book is for every believer who has ever asked the question, 'Why, Lord?'"
“Lysa shares her journey through the hardest season of her life with pure honesty and a holy perspective that’s relatable, tear-provoking, and life-changing.”
“If you have suffered disappointment, or are currently walking through disappointment, this book is for you. It’s relatable and rich with helpful Scripture. It’s as if the story was my own.”
“I have not read a more raw and honest book that ultimately points to God’s sovereignty in the midst of life’s hard. Lysa not only teaches us how to be better equipped for the fires and battles of this life, but her life illustrates how to wrestle well in the most difficult seasons. Her beautiful example of standing firm on the goodness of God—even when our flesh desperately wants to doubt and question—has been a life-changing gift to me!”
“Lysa takes her own life circumstances and the Word of God and combines them into an easy-to-read and very practically applicable book! I would highly recommend this to anyone who is disappointed and struggling!”
“Sometimes disappointments and hurts are so deep that a person is left feeling hopeless in the fallout of their circumstances. This book takes you on a journey of healing from that hopelessness.”
- You'll gain access to Lysa’s exclusive Behind the Pages Facebook community (What is Behind the Pages?)
- The first 3 chapters delivered instantly to your inbox
- The opportunity to submit your story to be considered to be featured as a Proverbs 31 devotion and to receive a voice memo from Lysa herself (3 winners to be selected)
- You'll get everything listed above
- Access to an exclusive Facebook Live event with Lysa TerKeurst
- A digital download of the Curriculum Study Guide and the entire 1st video session
*The curriculum will be delivered to you via email on September 13th, two months prior to the book release. You will NOT receive the curriculum immediately.
- An invitation to a special, in-person event with Lysa